Jan 7, 2008

"Hands" - The Future.

Hands. One of my favorite topics. Not only for the beauty and aesthetic, also for the power to create any kind of marvelous things. A friend of mine told me once that my obsession with hands is because my own hands are broken in multiple parts. Could be.

In Bali, as in the majority of Indonesia, the rings are not only a decorative accessory. They symbolize power. Political and social power. But at the same time and more important in deed is the character of protection against bad energies and spirits. In other words, protection against black magic.

Made of Silver or Gold together with a very special "stone". This "stones" are believed to have special magical powers. I have heart amazing stories about it. This rings need a very special care, as for example they have to leave the rings out before coming into the toilet or places considered not cleaned.

3 comments:

Tawaki said...

Very interesting your words concerning the rings in Indonsia. I have been looking at all your pictures and they really are works of art.

Congratulations.

nella said...

Me encantan las manos, observarlas y ver fotos como éstas, me gusta más. Saludos!!

Unknown said...

Dear Carlos,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am the Editor of Asian GEOgraphic Magazine, a popular read for 300,000 people across Asia.

I had a chance to view your website, and am most interested in your work. I’m especially interested in your series of photographs on hands, and think that it would be very suitable for our Spirituality (Nov) or Luxury/Precious Stones (Jan) Edition. I’d also like to know if you would be interested in writing articles to accompany your photographs, or if your scope of work is purely photography.

Either way, please drop me an email at ethel@asiangeo.com and we’ll work out the details from there.

Thank you for your continued support, and I sincerely look forward to working with you.

Kind regards,

Ethel Ong
Editor,
Asian GEOgraphic Magazine
_____________________________________________

Singapore Toll-free (Australia)
Tel : +(65) 6298 3241 Tel : 1800 219 703
Fax : +(65) 6291 2068 Fax : 1800 219 641

No. 1 Syed Alwi Road, #06-01 Song Lin Building, Singapore 207628

www.asiangeo.com | www.scubadiveraa.com (New)